Building portfolio and PMO capabilities
Portfolio Strategy & Lifecycle Definition
- What are the things your organisation could do? What does your business want to achieve with its portfolio? The objectives most important to reaching your goals? How do you want to manage people and investments? Are projects / initiatives delivering on company vision in the most optimal way? Project phases - how many? Sequential (gated) or Iterative (agile).
Ideation and Innovation Pathways
- Projects are born from ideas but it all starts with people. We assist organisations to foster new ideas and/or improve, innovate across existing systems and projects.
Project Proposals and Prioritization
- When the project readies to officially join the portfolio (as candidate project being considered) how do you capture the more important inputs, information? Along with communicate value of doing the project vs. the impact of not doing the project.
- Our structured approach to prioritization allows companies to get clear about those projects that can and will deliver big value returns. Of all your potential projects on the list? Which ones should you do? How are you weighing off, working to that variety of metrics: value, strategic fit, growth, safety improvement, risk reduction, processes etc.
- Everything cannot be achieved simultaneously. So we help companies to portfolio optimise; find the best combination of projects to deliver with the resources that you do have (capital, human, content or other.) With our eye on efficiencies, we run scenarios with the portfolio to understand what your company can do, in each financial period, choosing which projects continue, accelerate, delay or finish all together.
Governance & Approvals
- How do you know you're ready to make a decision? Trust in the quality of the estimate or schedule? How does each project benchmark against others? Who's reviewed the project? Could you be simplifying funding requests / approvals processes and tracking KPIs and baselines more clearly?
Portfolio Monitoring and Control
- How are you pulling together all the data, information and people/skills you need? Which projects require the real attention? Are there projects actually being duplicated inside the business right now and people aren't even aware of it? Do you fully understand the effect all these projects are having on the bottom line? Right now, how are you getting early warnings / lead indicators of performance? Drilling down into detail? Together, with our AI consortium partner, activities like those above can be made remarkably simple.
- Comparisons to the original business case? Is the business getting those results it expected from the project? How can you the next project better?
Helping customers get far more control over their portfolios.
EMAIL US FOR A CHAT