With gravitas to engage at senior level, The Higher Mix coach, inspire and guide leaders, managers and executive teams. Supporting people to understand themselves better, their intellectual capacity to conceptualize solutions, and acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to be a truly respected, reputable leader.
Which Leadership Style?
Most people have a particular, natural leadership style. Often making that transitioning between roles all the more challenging, as with gauging the most suitable style for certain circumstances. Simple enough formula – get your leaders behaving the right way, staff follow, and the brand / organisational culture will be stronger – right? But as humans, we are complex, multi-dimensional creatures.
Leaders opt for different types of behaviours, personas even, depending on circumstances. Social-psychological science also tells us people aren’t shaped just by their enduring traits, sometimes more profoundly by cues (constraints) and so often, in situations that vary wildly.
Every company wants their managers and execs leading optimistically, confidently. Driving change and delivering on the promise of transition, protecting company value. For this, managers need capabilities; to marshal the right behaviours and attitudes, at the right time.
Leadership Styles, Skills and Behaviours
We help people understand the broader (often significant) impact of their communication style on recipients.
Whatever situational exigency, The Higher Mix organisational psychologists concentrate on useful leadership behaviours; not on “categorizing personalities or people” (so often fundamentally flawed and too simplistic).
The Higher Mix produces more:
- Motivators: aspiring to ideals, goals, inspiring achievement from others around them;
- Innovators: leaders driving big ideas with appetite /tolerance for risk; and temerity to handle this sweeping change; and
- Enablers: empowering their team to experience, grow, communicate well, and to be successful.
Consulting Support for Leadership Styles, Skills, Behaviours:
- Stronger leaders skills, styles, dialogues from action learning
- Transformational action plans | approach for individual leaders
- The repertoire of obligatory executive skills, styles
- Addressing skills base and standards (written/ oral communication)
- Understanding of own ability, strengths, skills and potential
- Behaviours required to best protect a company’s future
- Identify priorities, capability gaps
- Working with democratic, blended leadership styles
- Leaders recognizing, responding, deploying the most appropriate leadership behaviours
- Inject confidence to escalate issues / pushing decisions forward
- Learning process, systems, techniques – problem-solving, speedy assessment and choice
- Relevant company capabilities for altered business environments
- Improving capabilities, choices your leaders confront
- Observe & Remove ‘Blockers’ – that emotional undertow affects the more rational approach
- Delegation, empowerment to overcome operational concerns; confidence to escalate issues, ability to overcome unspoken conflicting personal agendas
- Improving change-management | team-player skills | attitudes and behaviours in support of their technical capabilities
- Line manager accountability
- Rapport building across executive and leadership teams / the ‘social engineers’.